Sunday, September 30, 2007

On his way home

After 4 weeks of struggling with aggressive esophagal cancer and further complications, Grandpa Harold DeLonge began his heavenward journey today on Sunday September 30th at 2:30 pm. He was surrounded by his loving family, and the prayers of all who loved him. Grandpa was, and always will be, that bright, joyful light in all of our lives. The pain of not having him here will not soon be forgotten. We take comfort in knowing that he is now free from pain and suffering, and that he is being held in the arms of the Lord as He welcomes Grandpa in to eternal life. We are so thankful to have celebrated Grandpa's 89th birthday with him one month ago, on the last normal day we can remember with him. It is a precious memory that we will always treasure. We love you, Grandpa. Bless your life and your soul, always.













1 comment:

Julia said...

Hi all, many thanks for the info on your grandpa. he was one very special person. Growing up he and I were always paired together when we were taken out as were Caroline and Kenneth, a good way to keep the four of us in line. all my life he ways always there for me encouraging and sticking up for me when I made bad decisions. The Harold DeLonges and Ed Sea and family took many fishing vacations together certainly the fishing part not my choice but I was the chauffeur and of course when Ed could no longer make the trips of course I who didn't enjoy fishing missed them. I am ever so happy I was in Houston the first weekend in May for such a wonderful visit, Where I went in May for a early birthday celebration of my brother I chose to go then instead of August as Myrna as you know was having a rough time and she seemed better at the time. In lieu of flowers I am sending a generous check to Gideons of which my brothe r for many years very active in, they place Bibles and New Testament in hospitals and hotels all over the world. Your grandpa was such a believer in Gideons he sold me on the idea of sending Gideons a check in memory of many who entered their eternal home. I know I cannot be with all of you for the funeral but know all of you are in my prayers, keep in touch. Love aunt Ruth
--
Ruth C. Sea