Monday, October 1, 2007

A tribute from Harold's sisters

To all friends and family. I am Harold's sister, Caroline, and although I'm feeling very sad at my brother's death, I must thank our Lord for ending Harold's suffering and taking him home where he can rejoice with his savior Jesus and meet our parents and my husband Greg who went to heaven. The Lord has given our family abundant blessings. My younger brother, Kenneth, and my sister Ruth, and Harold and I all shared our lives together into 80's. Praise the Lord! Here are a few of the photos that I had of my brother that I wanted to share with everyone.

Love to all,
Caroline

Hi all, this is Ruth. Many thanks for the info on your grandpa. He was one very special person. Growing up, he and I were always paired together when we were taken out, as were Caroline and Kenneth, a good way to keep the four of us in line. All my life, he ways always there for me, encouraging and sticking up for me when I made bad decisions. The Harold DeLonges and Ed Sea and family took many fishing vacations together; certainly the fishing part not my choice but I was the chauffeur, and of course when Ed could no longer make the trips, I who didn't enjoy fishing missed them. I am ever so happy I was in Houston the first weekend in May for such a wonderful visit, where I went in May for a early birthday celebration of my brother. In lieu of flowers I am sending a generous check to the Gideons, which my brother was very active in for many years. They place Bibles and New Testaments in hospitals and hotels all over the world. Your grandpa was such a believer in Gideons; he sold me on the idea of sending Gideons a check in memory of many who entered their eternal home. I know I cannot be with all of you for the funeral but know all of you are in my prayers, keep in touch. Love, Aunt Ruth

A young Harold wearing his Army uniform.














The four DeLonge siblings in their school clothes, with the girls smiling and the boys sticking their tongues out. You can tell these four had a lot of fun together!















Grandpa Harold with Aunt Caroline as young adults.



















Here's a very young Harold dressed up in a shirt and tie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.